TiramisuO Meu Tempero
For many people, the first introduction to tiramisu was a true revelation. After all, this perennially popular Italian dessert is the stuff dreams are made of, with the soft ladyfingers (which are dipped in coffee), rich custard made with mascarpone cheese (and nothing else will do, so don't be tempted to substitute it), and rum, all layered together in delightful fashion and allowed to meld into a heavenly and harmonious whole.
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar (and additional to sweeten the coffee, optional)
- 500 grams mascarpone
- 300 milliliters strong black coffee
- 1 glass rum (or brandy)
- 400 grams lady fingers
- cocoa powder (to taste)
- 1Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- 2Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
- 3While mixing, gradually add the mascarpone until mixture is uniform and smooth.
- 4Whisk the egg whites and carefully fold into the mixture.
- 5Brew the coffee, add the rum and sweeten to taste. Cool. Dip the lady fingers into the coffee one by one and lay on a large platter. Layer them with the creme mixture and sprinkle with cocoa.
- 6Repeat the process in layers. Top with the creme mixture.
- 7Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- 8Before serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder.