- 9 ounces ladyfinger cookies
- 1/2 cup marsala (rum or brandy)
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 18 ounces mascarpone
- 2 cups vanilla pastry cream (or pudding)
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (grated)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Arrange 1/2 of the ladyfingers in the base of an 11x7 inch baking dish. Combine marsala and coffee then pour 1/2 over top. Combine mascarpone and pastry cream then spoon 1/2 over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with 1/2 grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder and cut into squares to serve.