Tim Love's Charred Okra, Tomato and Pecan Salad with Balsamic MayonnaiseBest Foods
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon shallots (minced)
- 10 okra (cut diagonally into thirds)
- 5 teardrop tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/4 cup red onion (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon dressing (Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise)
- 1In a very hot sauté pan add peanut oil. Add shallot, okra and tomatoes carefully. Let blister for 30 seconds. Add pecans and toss over high heat for 90 seconds.
- 2Season with salt, pepper and pepper flakes while tossing. Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl
- 3Add bell pepper, red onion and Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise Dressing. Mix well and serve immediately.