Tiger MusselsRecetas del Señor Señor
Think of this as a spin on oysters Rockefeller, with mussels as the featured shellfish. Be sure to buy mussels from a trusted fishmonger, preferably on the same day they will be cooked, and clean and debeard them (if necessary) before using. In this appetizer dish, the mussels are first cooked, and then the meat is combined with ham in a creamy sauce and packed into half the reserved shells, then coated with breadcrumbs and fried to a golden crust.
- 1/2 kilogram mussels
- cooking liquid
- 1 tablespoon butter
- vegetable oil
- 1 onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces milk
- 100 grams serrano ham
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 eggs
- 1Thoroughly clean the mussels and cook them by placing in a pot and covering them halfway with water, until they open. Remove from stove and set the resulting liquid aside.
- 2Remove the mussels from the shells, set the shells aside.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Drizzle a small amount of oil and add the onion. Saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the flour and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Add the milk and the cooking liquid and stir well.
- 6Chop the mussels. Add the mussels and the ham and stir. Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- 7Fill the mussel shells with the stuffing and let cool for 1 hour.
- 8Mix the egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Cover the stuffed mussels with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 9Heat a skillet filled with vegetable oil and fry the mussels for about 3 minutes on high heat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.