- 3 artichokes (large fresh)
- 2 lemons (halved crosswise)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (Lawry's®)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (Lawry's®, with Parsley)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the artichoke. Trim 1 inch off the top. Cut off the stem so bottom of artichoke is flat. Rub cut ends with lemon half to prevent browning.
- Fill large saucepan with 1 inch of water. Place steamer basket in pan. Add lemon halves. Place artichokes, bottom end up, in basket. Cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until the outer leaves of the artichoke can be pulled off easily and the artichoke bottom is tender when pierced with a knife. (Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the artichoke.)
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Mix ground beef, bell pepper, onion, garlic, seasoned salt, garlic salt and tomato in large bowl until well combined. Carefully remove artichokes from steamer basket. Spread the leaves of the artichoke apart. Stuff artichokes with filling. Be sure to stuff in between the leaves as well as the center. Brush artichokes with oil. Place artichokes on foil-lined baking pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until stuffing is cooked through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cook 5 minutes longer. Cut each artichoke into quarters. Serve with additional lemon and seasoned salt, as desired.
|Calories280Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.