Packed full of veggies and cheese, no one will miss the meat in this breakfast casserole.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms. Finely dice the broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the vegetables to the pan. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until the mushrooms are shrunken and browned, and the broccoli, asparagus, pepper, and onion are softened. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add the vegetables and shredded cheeses. Fold with a rubber spatula until the ham, peppers, and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sheila 2 Jun
Turned out great! Would make again, but with more attention to the baking time.