Three Bean Chipotle ChiliSTEPHANEPRUDHOMME
Nutritional Information Calories per serving: 279 Fat per serving: 1g Saturated fat per serving: 0.0g Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g Protein per serving: 15g Carbohydrates per serving: 54g Fiber per serving: 15g Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg Iron per serving: 6mg Sodium per serving: 595mg Calcium per serving: 149m…
- 3/4 cup dried kidney beans
- 3/4 cup cannellini beans (dried)
- 3/4 cup dried pinto beans
- 2 red onions (medium, diced)
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium, about 1 lb. total, peeled and diced)
- 8 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle chiles in adobo (finely chopped canned)
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes with juice (fire-roasted)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- In a bowl, cover kidney beans with cold water by 2 inches. In a separate bowl, cover remaining beans with cold water by 2 inches. Let soak for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans, transfer to a pan and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Drain remaining beans and transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and chill 1 cup diced onion. Add sweet potatoes, garlic and chiles to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, molasses, cumin, oregano, remaining onion, kidney beans and 3 cups water. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender, 8 to 9 hours.
- Uncover, season with salt and pepper and stir. Divide among bowls. Top with chilled onion.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories110Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes