If you want something aromatic, hearty, healthy, and robust, then this Thick Green Chile Sauce or Mole Pipian Verde is just the recipe to kick up your dinner this week. It takes an hour to prepare and has only 230 calories per serving. This recipe h…
s four chicken breast servings rich with spicy peppers and decadent sauce for a dinner that will tickle and tantalize your taste buds. Happy cooking!
- 250 grams squash seeds
- 0.5 liters chicken broth (or water)
- 8 tomatillos
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 serrano peppers (may substitute jalapeno peppers)
- ground black pepper
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 piece seasoned
- 600 grams chicken breast
- Toast the seeds in a skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Then, blend them with a cup of water in the blender until creamy. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Roast the whole tomatillos in a skillet along with the onion pieces, cloves of garlic and whole chiles until browned all over in spots.
- Rinse out the blender and blend half of the tomatillos with half of the parsley and half of the cilantro with a cup of water until well blended. Repeat with the other half of those same ingredients.
- Place the seed puree into a pan on medium heat, stir slightly, and add the vegetable puree after one minute.
- Add salt to taste and 1 tbsp. of bouillon, if needed. When the mixture begins to boil remove from heat and blend the entire mixture together in the blender. Return the mixture to the pan on low heat. Cover and let cook.
- Grill the pieces of chicken on the skillet until golden but still raw inside, approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the pieces of chicken to the sauce and allow to cook for 5 more minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Decorate with seeds and serve.
|Calories230Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.