Now here is a chocolate dessert fit for kings. The royal chocolate cake is closer to a dark chocolate mousse covered cookie than a regular chocolate cake, which only means its flavor is deeper while its texture is lighter. Definitely, this dessert should be made the day before; the filling alone takes a couple hours to set properly. Almond powder gives the mousse (cake) its unique deep earthy flavor while the pralines do the same for the bottom cookie. These 3 layers are the definition of happiness
- 60 grams ground almonds
- 130 grams caster sugar
- 15 grams flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon chocolate (powder)
- 200 grams praline bar (Poulain 1848)
- 9 bags pancake (gavottes lace)
- 40 grams praline (Vahiné)
- 75 grams granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 3 yolk
- 200 grams pastry (chocolate)
- 30 cream (cl liquid)
- Preheat oven to 420 ° F.
- Combine flour, ground almonds, 60g of sugar and chocolate powder.
- Beat the egg whites using a whisk, until stiff then add the remaining 70g of sugar.
- Gently combine the chocolate powder mixture and egg whites with the mixer at minimum speed.
- Pour into the cake pan and spread so that it is filled fully.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool while you prepare the crunchy praline.
- Melt pralinoise, I preferred using the microwave for 5 minutes at 360.
- rumble the Gavottes crispy crêpes with your hands.
- Mix the melted pralinoise, Gavottes crispy pancakes and praline together.
- Cover the almonds with the still warm crunchy praline. Set aside to cool and harden.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate mousse.
- In a saucepan, boil 2 tbsp of water and sugar.
- Using the whisk, beat the 3 egg yolks and the egg, then pour in the syrup gradually and whisk until mixture is frothy.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave for 5 minutes at 360.
- Add it to the above mixture.
- Using the balloon whisk, whip the cream, until the volume doubles and stiff peaks form. Cream must be very cold to whip properly.
- Using the K beater on minimum speed, add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture.
- Cover the crunchy praline with the mousse.
- Smooth and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Better prepared the day before.
- You can sprinkle with chocolate powder, powdered sugar or other presentation effect.