- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk (more for thinning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce (large, sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into cubes)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 8 parmesan (extra, for sprinkling)
- Cook the pasta in salted water, drain it & rinse in cold water. Allow pasta to dry slightly, then toss in a bowl with 4 tablespoons pesto. Add Parmesan and toss. Cover and refrigerate pasta until cold.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the mayo, sour cream, and milk with the rest of the pesto. Add salt and pepper, then taste and adjust seasonings as needed. * The dressing needs to be somewhat thin and pourable in order to coat the lettuce and pasta later. Set the dressing aside.
- If you're using pine nuts, toast them over medium-low heat in a small skillet until they brown slightly. Set them aside.
- To assemble the avengers....jk the salads, make a bed of lettuce in a large bowl, then add a generous layer of pesto-coated pasta. Add tomatoes & chunks of cheese. Spoon a good amount of dressing all over the top; it should be thin enough to seep down into the salad, not so thick it will stay on top of everything.
- Sprinkle salads with pine nuts and a little extra Parmesan and serve!