A great way to warm up after fall yard work or have as part of a tailgating party. Serve with cornbread twists and a green salad.
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup wild rice (cooked)
- 16 ounces navy beans (drained and rinsed)
- 16 ounces chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 16 ounces corn kernels (white)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles (drained)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- In a 4-quart saucepan, saute onions and pork in oil over medium-high heat until onions are soft and pork is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients except parsely. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.