- 1 package Classic Yellow Cake Mix (Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe®)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Creamy Home-Style Frosting (Cream Cheese)
- orange food coloring
- 1 ice cream cone
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Home-Style Frosting (Classic Chocolate)
- Place frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds. Add food colors and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle frosting on cake. Coat ice cream cone with chocolate shell topping. Fill center of pumpkin with candy corn and arrange cone to resemble a stem.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt® or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, water, oil and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Pour 2-3 cups of sugar into a sealable container. Combine with the zest of one lemon, shake well and store. Lemon infused sugar can be used immediately or kept for months, just like regular sugar.
- For a simple dulce de leche, submerge an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water, simmer for 3 hours (less, if you want it a thinner consistency) and cool.
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Use an egg slicer to quickly slice strawberries. Freshly sliced strawberries are the perfect topping to Angel Food cake!
- Reuse jelly, pickle or mason jars to keep your cupcake liners and icing tips clean and collected.
- Variety is the spice of life, so try different toppings on your cakes. We used spice cake with dulce de leche, fig preserves, powdered sugar, marmalade and ginger preserve, apricot jelly and honey.
- Clean caramel from a pot by filling it with water and letting it simmer on the stove—the warm water will wash it away.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1350Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.