Who doesn't love pancakes on a weekend morning? This pancake cake pairs tropical coconut with sweet raspberries for a twist on a classic. A sweet coconut custard and halved raspberries are layered between fluffy pancakes for a stunning weekend breakfast. This take on the traditional stack of pancakes is the perfect thing to make on a slow Saturday or Sunday morning and enjoyed in your pajamas.
- 250 grams flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- milk (50 cl.)
- melted butter (5 cl.)
- 0.25 liters coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 grams sugar
- 25 grams flour
- 1 fresh raspberries (clamshell of)
- icing sugar
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt. Make a well and break the eggs into it one by one, mixing as you go. Gradually add milk and butter. Once the dough is smooth, let it rest for at least one hour before cooking the pancakes. Cover the pancakes with foil and set them aside so they do not dry out.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil slowly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the flour and mix well. As soon as the milk starts to boil, pour a little of it over the egg, sugar and flour mixture and whip. Then pour all of the milk over the mixture, stir well and pour into the saucepan, returning to a low heat. Let the mixture thicken, stirring constantly (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool in a bowl, then refrigerate.
- Assemble the cake by placing a pancake on a plate, spread a thin layer of coconut cream over it and sprinkle it with halved raspberries. Repeat until no pancakes are left. Decorate the cake with fresh raspberries and sprinkle it with icing sugar.
|Calories590Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.