I have to rave, no not rave, shout it from the rooftops that this venison stew is amazing! Originally, I made this stew because I wanted to make a hearty stew with venison so I took elements from two of my favorite recipes, Beef and Vegetable Soup (with ground beef), and Vegetable and Beef soup and created a delicious venison stew. But then, I made a few changes that took it from good to WOW! See more at homeecathome.com
- 2 pounds venison roast (or steak,, can use beef for stew)
- olive oil
- house seasoning (*, or just sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 5 potatoes (cubed)
- 4 carrots (sliced in rounds)
- 2 celery (ribs, sliced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning (I use 2 tsp)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ground black pepper (Freshly, to taste)
- Brown meat in about 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet. Sprinkle meat with house seasoning while browning.
- Combine all ingredients except water in large slow cooker. Then almost cover the ingredients with water.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Take out any large chunks of meat and shred/chop before returning to the stew. Remove bay leaves before serving.
- *House Seasoning: 1/4 cup salt 1 Tbsp. black pepper 1 Tbsp. garlic powder Stir the ingredients together and store in shaker or other container.
|Calories400Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.