The Best Salad in the World Waiting for a Good Enough NameO Meu Tempero
Boiled beets, feta cheese, crisped bacon, and clementine segments are an unexpectedly delicious combination, and are what makes this salad such a standout. Pomegranate seeds up the ante even more, providing even more pops of color and bursts of tartness. Using a mix of greens, including lettuce (your choice), peppery arugula, and tender mache (or lamb's lettuce) makes for a more interesting taste and texture than just one type would.
- 2 beets
- 200 grams feta cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lettuce
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup field lettuce
- 2 clementines
- 1 pomegranate
- olive oil
- raspberry vinegar
- 1Boil the beets, then cool, peel, and cut into cubes.
- 2Dice the feta cheese into cubes.
- 3Saute the bacon strips in a frying pan until very crispy.
- 4In a bowl, mix the lettuce, arugula, and lamb's lettuce.
- 5Arrange the beets, bacon, clementines, and cheese on top of the greens to taste.
- 6Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- 7For the vinaigrette, mix the olive, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- 8Sprinkle the vinaigrette on the salad.