- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue to mix for a couple minutes until the mixture is light, fluffy and smooth.
- In a small bowl stir together the flours, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Again using the hand mixer, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, do not over mix. Using a spoon stir in the raisins.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for approx 12-13 minutes until the cookies are just lightly golden. They will be wonderfully soft and chewy on the inside and a slightly crisp exterior!!!