- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 3 cups tomato sauce (canned)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (chopped, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder (Mexican, or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper (fresh, to taste)
|Calories60Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
James 23 days ago
Excellent. I also added a small onion before the garlic and the taste was just what I wanted. Haven’t used it yet in my enchiladas. Later tonight. Cheers
Ashley Kopenhefer-Hendry 10 Oct 2018
This sauce is absolutely amazingly delicious! Have made it several times and we love it. I keep thinking about trying another recipe just to compare but why fix something that isn't broken.
Marci Banes 3 Sep 2018
This is a great Enchilada Sauce recipe. The only change I made was using Vegetable Broth instead of chicken broth. I also added a few stewed tomatoes just because I had them in the garden. Excellent, must try.
Heidi 18 Aug 2018
Really easy and quick as well as being really tasty. Perfect for enchiladas, I will make this again.👍
Deanna Caldwell-Ivey 18 Jul 2018
This sauce was so flavorful! Will make again.
Richard R. 27 May 2018
This is easy to make and the best I ever had. Make a large quantity and freeze it. It's great just about on anything ever cake!
Miss T 3 Feb 2018
I've made this a couple times now. It's so easy to make and full of flavor.
Sarah A. 15 Jan 2018
So easy and so good! We’ve used this multiple times and been happy every time.