- 5 pounds chicken pieces (bone-in, breasts, legs, or a mix, skin removed)
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons paprika (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander seed (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cloves garlic (grated on the medium holes of a box grater, divided)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated on the medium holes of a box grater, divided)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 3/4 cup juice (fresh, from 4 to 6 lemons, divided)
- kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes (roughly mashed)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (roughly chopped, and tender stems)
- 1 cup heavy cream
PER SERVING *
|Calories1380Calories from Fat930|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat930|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tracey Benevento 7 days ago
Everyone loved it. Very authentic to most restaurants.
Dan Kernya 12 Oct
I doubled the recipe amd made it for our restaurant in a pizza application. I made the paneer a bit more fragrent with nutmeg and cinnamon plus a hint of fresh Thai chillis. panner Palak pizza!
Sharoslina Lee 6 Oct
mine turned out bit too sour
Michela P. 5 Oct
Very yummy. Will make again
Dorota D. 7 Aug
Not a huge fan of Indian food loved it !!!
Lucas H 28 Jun
Delicious!! Took all night to make but was well worth it!!
Kelly 21 Jan
WONDERFUL!!! Tastes just like authentic Indian food!!
Michael Tondu 20 Jan
Great I recommend to use less cumin
Perozzi 16 Jan
Pretty bland by the end, made another “street food” version of this dish and that had WAY more flavor. Once everything was cooked all I could taste was the tomato.
Monyia P. 14 Nov 2017
Best Homemade Ever! Will make this again often. I substituted lemon for lime that’s it!
Adrian J. 26 Sep 2017
It's become one of my favorite dishes. Highly recommend!
Debbie R. 3 Oct 2016
Ok, but way too lemony, which over-powered the spices. I had to add tiny amounts of baking soda to counter-act. I also added a good amount of garam masala, which made the flavor more authentic to us.