- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce (this is very hard to find so you can also substitute hoisin sauce)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (cut into 2-inch-wide strips with the grain, then sliced across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger (piece, minced, about 1 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking)
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 scallions (medium, sliced 1/2-inch thick on diagonal, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Angelique Perrier-Coleman 11 days ago
This was my second time making it. Sauce got really thick this time, but it coated everything nicely. Definitely love this recipe. Note: I used skirt steak instead as well as hoisin. I don’t like fishy tasting food.
Trish Smith 13 days ago
Delicious! Made exactly as written with oyster sauce. Pretty salty so I’ll use low salt soy next time. I used a flat iron steak and it was so tender! My husband wants it again soon.
Evelyn 4 Sep
Great! Modified a bit, bcs i dont have all the complete ingredients.
Matt Rumsey 28 Aug 2017
Good. Used Chinese 5 Spice in beef marinade. Added thinly sliced garlic, onions and red bell peppers.
Colleen M. 25 Jan 2017
Completely delicious. I used the oyster sauce and wish I would have tried the hoisin instead. Everyone loved the dish but the smell of the oyster sauce turned off my boyfriend while I was cooking. He kept saying, "Dont add oyster sauce, it's gonna taste fishy." Which it didn't, but the smell lingered and I think we would have enjoyed the hoisin sauce even more.
Gwen E. 11 Nov 2016
this IS the best beef and brocolli. I would change a thing. delicious I made it 2'times in 2 weeks. everyone wanted seconds