- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce (this is very hard to find so you can also substitute hoisin sauce)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (cut into 2-inch-wide strips with the grain, then sliced across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger (piece, minced, about 1 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking)
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 scallions (medium, sliced 1/2-inch thick on diagonal, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This was my second time making it. Sauce got really thick this time, but it coated everything nicely. Definitely love this recipe. Note: I used skirt steak instead as well as hoisin. I don’t like fishy tasting food.
Trish Smith 5 Oct
Delicious! Made exactly as written with oyster sauce. Pretty salty so I’ll use low salt soy next time. I used a flat iron steak and it was so tender! My husband wants it again soon.
Evelyn 4 Sep
Great! Modified a bit, bcs i dont have all the complete ingredients.
Matt Rumsey 28 Aug 2017
Good. Used Chinese 5 Spice in beef marinade. Added thinly sliced garlic, onions and red bell peppers.
Colleen M. 25 Jan 2017
Completely delicious. I used the oyster sauce and wish I would have tried the hoisin instead. Everyone loved the dish but the smell of the oyster sauce turned off my boyfriend while I was cooking. He kept saying, "Dont add oyster sauce, it's gonna taste fishy." Which it didn't, but the smell lingered and I think we would have enjoyed the hoisin sauce even more.
Gwen E. 11 Nov 2016
this IS the best beef and brocolli. I would change a thing. delicious I made it 2'times in 2 weeks. everyone wanted seconds