- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked, or other tubular pasta)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
Lindsey Aeverman 3 hours ago
great mac n cheese! I'll definitely make it again!
Litza Gonzales 15 days ago
I didn’t have any cheddar cheese at the time and used Kerry Gold’s dubliner cheese (as well as the Gruyere). I also made Italian meatballs and baked them while the pasta cooked. I layered them between the noodles and baked as directed. It came out good but tasted more like an Alfredo sauce. I plan to make my future batches with real cheddar. :)
Norene 26 days ago
Man. I thought it was delicious! Fur sure will make again.
Mary Ayers 29 days ago
this has got to be the hardest recipe for mac and cheese that I have ever come across the outcome sure wasn't worth the time nor cost to make it
Julia T. 13 Jan
this was amazing, I subbed swiss because my local very small food mart was out of gruyere cheese and still it was great!