Fill your home with the smells of Thanksgiving with these oh-so-delicious vegetarian stuffin' muffins! These veggie-packed bites are a crowd-pleaser.
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup apple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups rustic bread (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crush and finely chop the garlic.
- Finely dice the onion, celery, apple and mushrooms.
- Place a large pan on the stove, and turn on the stove to medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter and garlic to the pan. Cook the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the apple, celery, and onion to the pan. Cook until translucent.
- Pour the mushrooms, salt and poultry seasoning into the pan. Continue to sauté until all of the ingredients in the pan are soft and cooked through.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan, and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the vegetable broth into the pan so that the bread cubes are wet but not soaked through. Allow the bread mixture to cool.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and beat lightly with a fork. Add the eggs to the bread mixture, and stir to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups, and spoon the bread and egg mixture into the cups. Cook at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve warm.