- 400 grams peeled prawns (fresh, or defrosted)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 chillies (red Thai, sliced)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- button mushrooms (5-6 regular, sliced)
- 1 can bamboo shoots (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 8 basil leaves (holy)
- jasmine rice
- Prep all the ingredients (slice & dice) and put the rice on to boil*.
- Spoon the THICK coconut milk into a wok (from top of can), add the Red Curry paste and fry for 2-3 mins on high heat.
- Add the prawns and cook until done (approx 3 mins).
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Then add the garlic, courgettes & mushrooms and simmer for 5-10 mins. Add the bamboo shoots, chilli, fish sauce, leaves & a little water. Turn the heat up for a few minutes then serve on a bed of jasmin rice!
- *for great rice, generally measure 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice & don't lift the lid until rice is ready (10-15 mins depending on type)!