- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 sweet potatoes (large, peeled and cubed, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 15 ounces petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils (picked over)
- 14 1/2 ounces coconut milk (light or regular)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish if desired)
|Calories450Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julia Vogel 4 days ago
Amazing! Just perfect for a chilly day.
Cristina Gtz 28 days ago
Delicious . I’ll make it again
Abby 21 Jan
Really good! would definitely make this again.
Elise 23 Jul 2017
Fantastic! This was so yummy. Tasted even better the next day! I made a large pot and froze the rest to make for an easy, yummy vegan meal mid-week.
Chris H. 24 Sep 2016
This was good but not great. Think you need to be sure to cut sweet potatoes small size cause my lentils cooked faster than potatoes so I kept it on the stove longer than I should and the soup became pretty thick. I also used full fat coconut milk, so lite might be the way to go. Froze some for another time. Was still an enjoyable meal
Dustin A. 15 Feb 2016
Delicious! I made so much of this, I ate it for three meals. Really easy to make and tastes almost restaurant quality. I like that all of these ingredients are available in my small grocery!