Full of flavor, colors and textures, this Thai-inspired entrée salad makes a complete meal. Serve with warm flour tortillas and fruit salad of pineapple chunks, green and red grapes and mandarin oranges.
- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into stir-fry strips)
- 3 ounces ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper (OR yellow, cut into thin strips)
- 8 green onions (bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (coarsely chopped)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- For dressing, in a blender container combine olive oil, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger and red pepper; blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; add pork strips. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through; return vegetables to skillet and add cooked noodles. Cook and stir to heat through, remove from heat; toss with dressing. Garnish with cashews.