Easy recipe for a party or a quick week night. You can also use leftover cooked pork. Find shredded carrots in the produce aisle and Thai peanut sauce in the Asian aisle or in a specialty store. Serve as part of a party buffet or as a meal with a fresh salad and Mandarin oranges.
- 2 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces pizza crust (Boboli)
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce (Thai)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup pea pods (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (shredded)
- cilantro leaves (chopped, if desired)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the peanut sauce onto the crust. Sprinkle with pea pods and carrots.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook 4 minutes until browned and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Cut into thin slices. Arrange on the pizza crust. Cover with cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired.