- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 red serrano peppers (thinly sliced)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 10 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (small, cut in half and very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (torn fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (torn)
|Calories840Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Andi K. 12 Aug 2018
Great flavor and simple
Brett Marsh 4 Aug 2018
Good flavor. Skipped the lettuce wrap part and added shredded napa cabbage.
Jasha 29 Jun 2018
Loved it. Make it how you like it with the sauce....
Mike Landry 20 Feb 2018
We cut down on the amount of fish sauce to to the comment on 22 Nov 17. I liked it, my wife not so much. I thought the heat level was appropriate and while the meat (without the sauce) was a bit bland, that was likely our own fault by cutting down on the fish sauce. Alas, it is not on the 'Do Againable' list - although, again, I liked much of the dish.
Emily T. 22 Nov 2017
VERY salty, I could barely stand it. The flavor was good overall but I would perhaps start with less fish sauce and then work my way up to a level I’m more comfortable with.
Margaret 7 Nov 2017
It was very easy to make. I used one jalapeno (used the seeds as well) in the sauce but forgot to add the second to the meat, and I'm glad I did. We love spicy food and I know Thai food is very hot but the second pepper probably would have broken the heat scale for us. Wouldn't change anything otherwise! This recipe is a keeper!
Talia 7 Nov 2017
It was super easy to make! I adjusted the heat level to suit my family’s tastes. Yummy!