- 225 grams pork fillet (well-trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 shallots (lrgs, thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (Freshly, from a jar)
- 2 teaspoons lemon grass (puree,, from a jar)
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 400 grams long grain rice (Cooked, cold)
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander (Chopped)
- 1 lime
- 1 Cut the pork into very thin, small slices, cutting against the grain.
- Place the Chinese five-spice powder in a bowl with 1 tbsp soy sauce and sherry, 2 tsp sesame oil and the cornflour. Add the pork, mix well and set aside for a few minutes.
- 2 Heat a wok over a high heat until it is very hot. Cut the top and bottom off the pepper and open out to remove the seeds and membrane. Then cut into 2.5cm/1" pieces.
- 3 Add 3 tbsp oil to the wok and when slightly smoking, add the pork and stir-fry for two minutes until just browned. Remove the pork from the pan and drain in a sieve set over a bowl.
- 4 Pour off all but 1 tbsp oil and reheat the wok. Add the garlic, lemon grass, shallots and ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Heat a frying pan.
- 5 Add the pepper to the wok with the remaining soy sauce and sherry, coconut milk, peanut butter and sugar. Stir-fry for three minutes and season well.
- 6 Add the remaining groundnut oil to the frying pan and add in the mustard seeds.
- 7 Stir-fry for 10 seconds, tip in the rice and cook for three minutes until tender. Season and stir in half the coriander and the remaining tsp of sesame oil.
- 8 Return the pork to the wok and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, mixing well. Stir in the remaining coriander and squeeze over the lime.
- 9 Spoon the rice and pork into separate Chinese serving bowls and serve at once with chopsticks.
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|