Vegetable noodles in a Thai peanut sauce is a quick, flavorful dinner to get you through the work week. And by replacing regular noodles with zucchini "zoodles," we lower the carb count dramatically here.
- 6 tablespoons Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (or Crunchy)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1/2 inch, peeled and grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- red pepper hot sauce (to taste, optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper (small, julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned or spiralized)
- 24 ounces spiralized zucchini (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions (minced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded or diced, optional)
- Place the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, tamari, ginger root, and garlic in a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously until combined and smooth. Add red pepper sauce, to taste, if using. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the red bell pepper and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the peppers are glistening. Add the spiralized zucchini and salt to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Carefully pour off any excess liquid from the pan. Return it to the stove, reducing the heat to medium. Add the scallion, cooked chicken (if using), and peanut sauce. Cook, stirring to coat the vegetables in the sauce, for 2-3 minutes, or until the dish is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the Thai Peanut Zoodles to bowls and serve immediately.
|Calories440Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.