Thai NoodlesCasseroles et claviers
These Thai-inspired noodles are packed with flavor and lean protein from chicken breasts. The sauce gets a nice balance of flavor from sweet pineapple and spicy chiles. Mint and cilantro add a nice touch of freshness, while peanuts finish the dish with a nice nutty crunch. This simple recipe comes together in less than 40 minutes, making it perfect dish to make on a busy weeknight.
- 100 grams vermicelli (soya)
- 1 chicken breasts (finely chopped)
- 3 slices fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons nuoc nam
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs mint
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 3/4 cup peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1Plunge the vermicelli into a pot of boiling water.
- 2Turn off the heat and let the vermicelli soften in the water for 4/5 minutes.
- 3Drain and refresh under cold water.
- 4Cook the chicken breast in a skillet.
- 5Dice the fresh pineapple.
- 6In a bowl, mix the sugar with the nuoc nam and the lime juice. Add the chopped garlic clove.
- 7Cut the cayenne pepper, and remove the seeds as well as the white pith (this will dampen the taste a bit, if a hot spicy taste is preferred, do not remove the seeds and pith).
- 8Cut the pepper into thin strips and put it in the bowl with the sauce.
- 9Be careful to wash hands well and not rub eyes.
- 10Pluck the leaves off the mint and coriander and chop.
- 11Mix all ingredients and serve.
- 12To prepare this salad, do not immediately mix the sauce with the noodles, do it at the last moment, otherwise the noodles will absorb all the sauce.
- 13This recipe can also be prepared with shrimp.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.