- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced into thin strips)
- 6 garlic cloves (fresh, minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 stalks lemongrass (inner white parts only, thinly sliced)
- 8 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk (14 oz each Asian, unsweetened)
- 2 cups chicken broth (regular, high quality)
- 6 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (brown sugar can be subbed if needed, but palm sugar is best)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3 pounds boneless chicken thighs (or breast, cut into bite size pieces)
- 8 lime leaves (sliced OR zest of 1 large lime)
- 2 red bell peppers (large, seeded and sliced)
- 1/4 cup thai basil leaves (shredded)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 2 chilies (seeded and sliced, if you like heat)
- lime wedges
- jasmine rice
|Calories1170Calories from Fat830|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat830|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jenya 6 Jan
It was delicious!!! I just add some Enoki and mini corn and my friends who lived in Thailand for years said it’s so local flavor.
Gilbert 30 Nov 2018
This was delicious. I added Pineapple, and omitted the sugar completely. I also added red pepper flakes.
Harry P. 24 Oct 2018
Breast in lieu of thighs, amazing flavour, will be made again!
Mimi B. 5 Sep 2018
Excellent, I added lots of veggies. Had plenty of broth. Served it for lunch to my niece, who is a nut for all things Thai, and she said it was among the best she’d ever had.
Fuller 29 Aug 2018
omg so delicious and i added 2 red chillies for an extra kick...perfect. thank you
Maria L. 9 Aug 2018
Sorry but I didn’t like it. I had to add a few more ingredients to make it taste better....it was actually a little plain for our taste.
cathy 13 Jun 2018
great! I sauteed the chicken with garlic and ginger then added the curry paste, then added coconut milk and lime leaves and chili, then i added mushrooms,zucchini and red pepper to simmer. Yummy!
Lee-Ann Gleeson 6 Jun 2017
Delicious with a couple of little tweaks, only because it would of made way too much.
Mark B. 18 Jun 2016
I lived in Thailand for two years and the flavours just explode. Dish was amazing and made me want to lick my plate :) The combinations are a festival for the taste buds.