- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil (* $0.04)
- 2 cloves garlic ($0.16)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated, $0.05)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste ($0.62)
- 1 sweet potato (small, about 1 lb. $1.61)
- 1 bunch baby bok choy ($0.55)
- 4 cups vegetable broth ($0.52)
- 13 ounces coconut milk ($1.29)
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce ($0.07)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar ($0.02)
- 3 1/2 ounces rice vermicelli noodles ($0.39)
- 1/2 red onion ($0.29)
- 1 lime ($0.17)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro ($0.17)
- Sriracha (to taste $0.15)
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Coralie McKenzie 11 Apr
Have made this 2 ways so far, and turned out delicious both times. must be a very good base recipe. even my male said it was tasty and not normally his thing. :)
Amy J. 19 Feb
So delicious and easy!
Monica D. 7 Feb
Loved the flavor. This was our side dish to steak. Strange pairing, but worked for us.
Victoria Greer 28 Jan
incredible recipe. we added celery and squash just because we had some. it was awesome. we ate all of it in one setting.
Cameron H. 21 Nov 2017
amazing. will make again
Chris H. 9 Oct 2017
This was very good. I had a few substitutions (Swiss chars for bok choy, soy Sauce for fish sauce) and completely forgot the garnishes at the end (which I think will be a good addition and will try with the leftovers tomorrow. The only thing that was needed was salt - that was missing. And even after I added some shrimp to the soup. Otherwise, very enjoyable. Will try again with a light coconut milk
Tina I. 20 Aug 2017
It was as delicious. I plan to make it again. It reminds me of my favorite dish at Noodle & Co. The cilantro I finishes the dish nicely.
Nadine 23 Apr 2017
Very Good! Of course, like all soups, it was even better after sitting a few days.
Wilson 14 Apr 2017
It turned out really well. I will add mushrooms and tofu next time. I'm brainstorming ways to make it thicker as well.
Jen 21 Mar 2017
Super easy and tasty! A simple and flavorful soup, though I initially thought the fish oil flavor was too strong. However, the dish needed more salt so I added soy sauce, and that adjusted the flavor to my taste nicely. It was a family hit!
Jason Holmes 26 Jan 2017
pretty delicious but no tom kha. We used shiitaje mushrooms and added shrimp for a little more protein. definitely benefited from crushed red pepper to up the spice
Pilar Quintana 9 Apr 2016
Turned out awesome! I added shredded chicken. This soup had great flavor and was super easy to make.