This Thai-style recipe combines red curry paste and coconut milk for a deliciously rich and creamy broth that gently cooks the fish and wilts the baby spinach. A little fresh ginger and lime juice along with tender cilantro stems round out this simp…
e, so flavorful curry dish that’s ready for the table in about 10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 inch fresh ginger (piece of, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- sea salt
- 2/3 pound mahi mahi (boneless, skinless, or other firm-fleshed fish, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- fresh lime juice
- Heat a wok (or large, deep skillet) over medium heat and add the peanut oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a light simmer.
- Add the fish and cover the pan. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach leaves and fish sauce and continue simmering until the spinach is wilted and the fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the curry between 2 shallow bowls and drizzle with lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and serve.