- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 yellow onion (large, diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 inch garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 13 ounces unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
- 13 ounces low-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lemongrass (sticks)
- 4 stems cilantro
- 2 mint sprigs
- 4 dried chili (Japanese, pods)
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- salt (to taste)
|Calories580Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marilyn K. 10 Oct 2018
Very good! I did have to improvise because I didn’t have lemongrass. I thought I did so didn’t put on my grocery list. Instead i used my essential oil Lemongrass (Doterra) Awesome. I also put some baby Bella mushrooms, carrots, bok choy ... just a bit of each. We have some leftover for tomorrow mmm.
moore 23 Mar 2018
This is amazing. I like to really have a fine slice on the veggies, they go great in the soup.
Nj 26 Feb 2018
So delicious! Make sure you garnish it with fresh lime wedges, cilantro and green onions. Next time I’ll put the red peppers in later as they were a bit over cooked. Will def make again!
Linda B. 15 Nov 2017
This soup is just like the ones you get at Longo's delicious! I added more heat and left the cilantro in as I like the flavour