- 1 stalk lemongrass (cut in half lengthwise)
- 300 grams carrots (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 leek (coarsely chopped)
- 250 grams celery (diced)
- 1 bunch coriander (chopped)
- 1 chicken breast (on the bone with skin, about 650 g)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 bunch spring onions (sliced, 1 set aside for garnish)
- 750 grams mushrooms (halved)
- 2 chilli peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Put the chicken, celery, carrots, leek, cilantro, lemongrass and peppercorns in a large saucepan. Add 6 cups water, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins, stirring often. Add the coconut milk, scallions, chile peppers and lime and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and cool. Pour the broth through a fine sieve and discard the solids. Return the broth to the saucepan. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and dice the meat. Add the coconut milk mixture to the broth along with the diced chicken. Bring to a simmer and warm through. Season with the soy sauce and salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into four bowls, garnish with the reserved scallion and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.