- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion (small, chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (Red Boat brand)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (piece, peeled and grated, or 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- honey (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups napa cabbage (shredded)
- 3 carrots (grated)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (toasted and chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Katie Thom 16 Aug
I found the flavours left something to be desired. I really like Thai food and tried this as a main. I am surprised other reviewers found the flavours so strong and fresh, and am curious if it was because I half-hazardly followed the measurements. I don't think I will be making it again. I could do something more satisfying with the ingredients.
Alex P. 26 Jul
There are a lot of flavors with this dish. Every bite was something different! I was concerned about the fish sauce at first, but the ginger masks most of the fishy taste leaving only a small amount which complements the dish. Only suggestion is to just be aware of how much of the “stronger” ingredients your putting in.
Tiffany Hock 10 Sep 2017
Good. Fresh. Excited to have the leftovers for lunch.
Krishele R. 14 Sep 2016
Not a fan. Way too fishy. Smell of sauce was unappetizing. Added a Thai Peanut sauce to make it palatable
Jennifer G. 19 Jul 2016
I substituted a head of cabbage for the napa cabbage, and did not add the red onion. It was really good, and better the second and third day!