- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (olive oil may be substituted)
- 1 vidalia onion (or yellow onion, diced small)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (diced into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced or pressed)
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger (or 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 13 ounces coconut milk (I used lite; full-fat will deliver a richer/thicker result)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (or to taste, curry powder may be substituted, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional and to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped for garnishing (basil may be substituted))
- cooked rice (or quinoa or naan, optional for serving)
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hannah Walsh 3 Aug
It didn’t turn out exactly how it looks, but then again I didn’t have the exact ingredients and what does in the first place. It was still pretty good. I just need to use the right ingredients and I’m sure it would be better.
Jackie 1 Jul
Delicious recipe! Mine came out a little more spicy than I would have liked. Maybe it depends on the red curry paste you use. Would just use a little less next time!
Rachel 25 Jun
Sooo good, I will definitely make this again!
Nick 15 Jun
Turned out pretty great! Would love it if it could be spicy!
Alicia Zehentner 8 Jan
It was so amazing even my English husband loved it!
Ruby J. 23 Dec 2017
Substituted the spinach with fresh green beans, and added mushrooms.