- 6 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (OR to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion and celery over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place pork chops on broiler pan 5 inches from heat. Broil about 6-8 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, brushing frequently with sauce. Remove from heat and allow to rest 3 minutes before serving with remaining sauce, if desired.