- 6 pounds boneless pork roast (lean)
- 8 ounces onions (peeled, chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (raw, chopped. plus extra for garnish)
- 1 pound red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin (ground)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 7 ounces lettuce (shredded)
- Place roasts on racks in shallow open roasting pans. When more than one pan is needed, group roasts by size. Allow space between roasts. Do not cover pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into the center of the smallest roast.
- Roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Approximate oven time may vary depending on oven use, and weight of pork being cooked. Start checking with a thermometer an hour into cooking time.)
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place roasts in shallow pans, cover and refrigerate.
- Holding CCP: Cool to 40°F within 4 hours.
- Shred chilled roast
- Combine pork, onions, tomatoes, pepper and spices.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 º F.
- Holding CCP: Keep product covered and hold at 140º F.
- Place one half of the tortillas on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Scoop 2 oz. (#16 disher) in the center of each tortilla, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with 3 Tbsp. cheese (# 20 disher).
- Place second tortilla on top of each prepared tortilla.
- Light spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Place in a 400ºF oven for 3-4 minutes to heat through.
- To serve: cut the quesadilla in fourths using a pizza cutter.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare only the amount required since the product does not store and reheat well.
- Pour mixture in two-inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.