- 3 tablespoons McCormick Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (McCormick® California Style, with Parsley)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick black pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (Lawry's®)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (McCormick®, Ground)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 12 ounces beer
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- For the Spice Blend, mix all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- For the Chili, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add beef; brown on all sides. Remove beef; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in browned beef, spice blend, beef broth, beer and tomato paste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour and water until smooth. Slowly stir into chili. Simmer 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve with shredded cheese and sliced green onions, if desired.