Tex-Mex Stuffed PeppersPork
- 12 ounces ground pork (96% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons couscous
- 4 bell pepper (large, red, orange, or yellow, or a combination)
- 3/4 cup salsa (plus more for serving, optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (Monterey jack, or Mexican blend cheese, shredded)
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat, and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork, stirring occasionally and breaking it up, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- 4Also while couscous is softening, remove tops from peppers and scrape out seeds. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, combine couscous, pork, salsa, corn, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fill peppers with pork mixture. Arrange peppers in a shallow baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle cheese on top and continue baking until peppers are tender and stuffing is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Serve peppers with additional salsa on the side if you like.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Breakfast Stuffed PeppersStupid Easy Paleo
Chicken Fajita Stuffed PeppersHungry Happens.com
Stuffed Philly Chicken PeppersSkinny Ms
Stuffed PeppersBest Recipe Magazine
Stuffed PeppersNow You Can Pin It!
Paleo Sausage Stuffed PepperFaithfully Free
Taco Stuffed PeppersWonky Wonderful
Quinoa Stuffed PeppersWendi Polisi
Loaded Breakfast Stuffed PeppersShe Likes Food
Chopped Greek-Style Salad with Red, Yellow, and Orange Bell PepperKalyn's Kitchen
5-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed PeppersLayers of Happiness
How to Roast Bell PeppersSpicie Foodie
Mexican Chicken Stuffed PeppersClean Eating
Mediterranean Stuffed Bell PeppersThe Wanderlust Kitchen
Herbed Roasted Cod With Bell PeppersI Can't Believe It's Not Butter!
Stuffed Baby Bell PeppersGood Housekeeping
One Pot Unstuffed PeppersLemons for Lulu
Fajita Chicken Stuffed Roasted Bell PeppersCoach Breanne