With supervision, young chefs can help with putting this pantry skillet meal together. Serve with a side salad and extra chips.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 ounces corn (drained)
- 16 ounces black beans (drained)
- 12 ounces salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch, cut in half and then into 1-inch strips)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In large skillet, cook pork and garlic over medium-high heat until pork is lightly browned. Drain off any fat. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Uncover, top with cheese and cook 2 minutes more until cheese is melted. Serve hot, if desired, with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips.