Just a very few ingredients deliver big flavor. This is destined to become a family favorite and filed in your mental recipe box. Serve with a sliced orange and onion salad, dressed with vinaigrette.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (chunky-style)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn chops. Add salsa, chilies and cumin to skillet; mix well. Lower heat, cover and barely simmer for 6 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Uncover, top each chop with one tablespoon cheese. Cover and simmer an additional 1-2 minutes, until cheese melts. Allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.