What's better than a bacon-wrapped hot dog? How about a bacon wrapped hot dog that has jalapenos stuffed inside topped with pico de gallo, Mexican crema and queso fresco! More recipes just like this can be found on http://www.thecrazyladycooks.com/tex-mex-bacon-wrapped-hot-dogs/
- 8 hot dogs (your choice)
- 8 slices bacon (your choice)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced thin cut in half)
- 8 hot dog rolls (your choice)
- queso fresco (shredded)
- Mexican crema (for drizzling)
- 3 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Seed and dice tomatoes, dice onions and jalapeno, chop cilantro, and juice lime and add all ingredients into a bowl gently toss together. Stir in salt and toss together, set aside.
- Slice the jalapeno into thin disks then slice those in half.
- Make a slit down the center of each hot dog being careful not to cut all the way through, gently place the jalapeno slices into the hot dog.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap once around securing the end with a toothpick, continue wrapping bacon around the hot dog until you have reached the end and secure with another toothpick.
- Place each hot dog on a hot grill and grill on each side until the bacon is crispy about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To assemble remove toothpicks from hot dogs and place into the hot dog roll, top the hot dog with pico de gallo, sprinkle on some queso fresco and drizzle on the Mexican crema.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.