Teriyaki Peanut Tofu with Stir-fried Veggies & Brown RiceJEFFREYMBARUSHIMANA
This teriyaki peanut tofu stir-fry is a new recipe I’ve been keeping in rotation lately. Pair the zippy peanut tofu with some steamed brown rice and whatever veggies you happen to have on hand. You'll end the perfect easy mid-week meal that's still exciting and delicious!
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (1 cup brown rice + 2.5 cups vegetable stock)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups zucchini (quartered and cut into ½ inch slices)
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced diagonally)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 block extra firm tofu (or firm, cubed)
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil (or coconut oil)
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
- 2 Tbsp. chile garlic sauce (or sriracha, or a mix of the two)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- water (to thin the sauce)
- Bring 2.5 cups of vegetable stock to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add 1 cup of brown rice, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for 55 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories510Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes