Remove All from Shopping List
- * Note: Fish bouillon granules may be substituted for dashi. Four teaspoons sugar may be substituted for 1/4 cup mirin. Napa cabbage may be substituted for savoy cabbage.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add noodles, and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Remove noodles with a slotted spoon, reserving boiling water. Rinse noodles; drain and set aside.
- Add soup stock, mirin, and soy sauce to boiling water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Coat shrimp with mixture. Pour oil into a Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees. Fry shrimp, in batches, in hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Cook mushrooms in hot broth 2 minutes. Add cabbage, and cook 2 minutes. Divide noodles evenly into 4 large bowls; top with broth mixture, and sprinkle with green onions. Serve with fried shrimp.