This tea is equally good when served steaming hot or chilled and over ice. For the best flavor, bring the water to a bull boil and then let it cool for a few minutes before pouring over the tea (otherwise it can be to bitter). Let the tea steep for exactly five minutes before straining. Sweeten as desired with brown sugar (or honey) while still warm, when the sugar will more easily dissolve.
- 1 liter water
- 3 teaspoons chamomile tea
- 1 anise (star)
- sugar (as much as desired)
- Combine the chamomile tea with the anise star and some of the boiling water in a jar, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and combine with the remaining water, ice and sugar to taste (I used brown sugar).
- It can be served cold or hot.