This delicious recipe for Tea Jelly is not only a great way to pack extra vegetables into your day, but it also is a delicious snack, appetizer or side to a perfect meal. This meal is easy to make and decadent to eat. The next time you are asked to bring an appetizer or snack for a special occasion or celebration, then be sure to make these treats and surprise your friends and family with your create cullinary skills.
- 50 ounces water
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 grams agar (or powdered gelatin)
- 1Fill 2 tea balls and place them in a pot filled with water.
- 2Place over heat and allow to infuse (a little longer than usual)
- 3Add the agave syrup.
- 4Remove the tea balls.
- 5Add the agar.
- 6Continue heating for a few minutes, while whisking in order to dissolve the agar. Pour into containers.
- 7Allow to cool; it is while cooling that the agar will act and will transform the liquid tea into jelly. Keep refrigerated.