- 1 1/4 cups butter (divided)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 cooking apples (tart, peeled and cored)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 9 inches single crust pie
- Stir together 1 cup butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and bread crumbs until well combined. Pat mixture on bottom and up sides of a 10-inch pie plate.
- Slice apples with food processor on thin setting.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle lemon peel, lemon juice and Triple Sec over apples and toss gently to mix. Arrange apple mixture in pie plate. Melt remaining 1⁄4 cup butter and pour over apple mixture.
- Roll out pastry dough to fit top of pie plate. Seal edges and cut slits for steam to escape. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in plate 15 minutes, then invert onto serving platter. Serve warm.