Tapalpa ChickenMadeleine Cocina
If you are looking for a wholesome, hearty chicken dish for you and your loved one, then give this Tapalpa Chicken recipe a try. Ingredients include boneless skinless chicken breasts, spinach leaves, Adobera shredded cheese or mozzarella cheese, ancho chile pepper, guajillo chile pepper, morita chile pepper, oil, minced onions, salt, ground black pepper, tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic cloves, onions, and canica chiles. This dish is spicy, savory, and perfect any night of the week.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium, pounded)
- 4 spinach leaves (large)
- cheese (Adobera, shredded, may substitute mozzarella)
- 1 ancho chile pepper
- 1 chile pepper (guajillo)
- 3 chile pepper (morita)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- salt and ground black pepper
- tomato sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece onions
- 2 chilies (canica)
- cooking spray
- 1Make the salsa by boiling the ancho, guajillo, and morita chile peppers in water until softened. Drain and puree with a little of the cooking liquid. Remove from blender and strain. Add the oil, onion, and garlic and puree again. Heat the salsa in a skillet until it bubbles, add salt and pepper, and set aside.
- 2For the tomato sauce, cook the tomatoes and canica chile peppers in water until tender. Puree, adding the garlic and onion. Add salt and pepper. Pour into a hot skillet spritzed with cooking spray and simmer for 4 minutes, adding water if necessary. Season to taste.
- 3Salt and pepper the chicken. Place the spinach leaves and cheese on each piece and roll up, using toothpicks to hold.
- 4Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the chicken until cooked and golden brown on all sides.
- 5Serve with the sauce or salsa.