You’ll plan for leftover pork roast to make these family-favorite sandwiches. Serve atop toasted English muffins, tucked into pita pockets or in a sandwich roll. Accompany with cole slaw and carrot sticks.
- 1 pound pork loin roast (cooked, thinly sliced)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 English muffins (split)
- In medium saucepan combine ketchup, onion, water, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, celery seed and hot pepper sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened. Remove bay leaf. Add pork and heat through. Meanwhile, toast the English muffins.
- To serve, spoon the pork mixture over muffins.